Thursday, April 21, 2011@ 4:52 PM
These apples are such a yummy little treat! I made them as a side dish, but they’d also be great as a dessert (maybe with some ice cream? Mmm)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 large Granny Smith apples (tart)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Prepare your apples by peeling/coring them and then slicing.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add apples and cook (stirring constantly) until the apples are almost tender (about 7 minutes)
- Dissolve the cornstarch in water and then add to skillet. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.