Recipe adapted from: allrecipes
Hello, new favorite pork roast! And welcome to my dinner plate…
Pork is probably my favorite of the meats. It is right up there with steak and chicken
My store was actually out of pork loin, so I used a shoulder. Even though this cut is usually tough, mine came out brilliantly tender.
This is one of those recipes where a little bit of prep adds tons of flavor. Rub on those seasonings!
And the sauce — OMG to die for! What makes the sauce just ‘that’ much better is the addition of all these glorious pan drippings that were left after baking.
- 2 ½ tsp chili powder, divided.
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 (4lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine ½ tsp chili powder, salt, and garlic salt. Rub over the top of roast and down the sides.
- Place roast, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, for 1 ½ hours. (Adjust cooking time based on how many lbs of meat you have)
- In a saucepan, combine the jelly, ketchup, vinegar, and 2 tsp chili powder. Bring to a boil – cook and stir until the jelly is melted and smooth. Reduce heat and simmer the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Brush 1/4 cup of the sauce over the roast. Return to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes longer. A meat thermometer should read 160 degrees F when done. Remove roast to a serving platter and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Skim fat from the pan drippings and discard the fat. I added the sauce to my baking dish to really combine it well with the pan drippings, and then returned the mixture to the saucepan and heat it through.
- Slice roast and serve with sauce.
And remember to enter my contest! It’s an easy way to win a quick $50 gift card to Williams-Sonoma or Pottery Barn
All you have to do to enter is click that little “Like” button on the Happy Life Happy Wife Facebook page (see the left sidebar) by 8:00am EST on 5/5/11. Winner will be chosen by random.org and I will contact the winner on 5/5 to get your choice of gift card. Good luck!