How many times has someone asked you what you’re making for dinner, only to have them start clucking at you when you say chicken. Again.
Maybe that only happens at my office.
At any rate, I’m always happy when I get a new chicken recipe that will give us a little variation. Nothing fancy here, but just something good for a weeknight dinner at home…
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup Bisquick mix
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup bbq sauce
- ½ cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put butter in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. I had to use two baking dishes because my chicken breasts were HUGE.
- Heat butter in the oven for 2-3 minutes, or until melted.
- In a shallow dish, combine Bisquick mix and pepper. Pour milk in another small bowl.
- Coat chicken: Bisquick -> Milk -> Bisquick.
- Place chicken in pan and bake, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, microwave BBQ sauce in a small bowl on High for about 30 seconds (until warm).
- Spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese.