Wednesday, May 18, 2011@ 4:16 PM
I think Shane would rather die than eat a salad. Literally. His nightmares are made of leafy greens and tomatoes. But give him a box of croutons and he’s happy.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 thick slices French bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut your bread into cubes.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large saute pan. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Spread on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until crisp and dry. Check frequently to prevent burning.
- I wouldn’t say they are as good as my favorite restaurant, but still not bad at all for my first try. The recipe just needs a little bit of tweaking. Next time I make these I’m definitely going to add some herbs to give them a little something extra.
- The original recipe said to bake for 15 minutes. I checked mine after 10 and they were burning… actually, most were already burnt beyond repair. So check them often!